Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Call Me 'Vel-Ma'..........


People who know me well know that I am missing the locator chip for necessary items such as purses, keys and now, glasses.  I set them down and the location is, somehow, instantly wiped from my memory.  Maybe it's just that I am engaging in poor multi-tasking, but the chip thing resonates with me.  Especially since discovering that my hilarious twin has the same deficit.  I must say, the benefit to entering the cell phone age is that now I can call my purse.  Heaven help me...don't EVER set the phone on silent!!  I wish I could call my glasses.  

I have had an eyeglass subscription since the early 1990s but, after losing my glasses (in the early 1990s), I went without until last year.  I need them now.  I like clear vision.  I like depth perception.  I need one of those chip things they put in your pet for my glasses.  Or maybe one of those bracelet thingies you can put on your small child that beeps if they move out of a certain proximity.  I need some kind of locator signal.  Yesterday, Thirteen decided that my name should be 'Vel-Ma'.  Ha ha.  


1 comment:

deanna said...

One thing about being as myopic as I am: if you forget the glasses, you can't find the husband. Anyway, I hope you can keep yours close when you need them.

Love the Vel-Ma!