Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good things going on...other than the 'Bonsai Zucchini'.............

This morning Thirteen put on the silly yellow "farting" clogs (they make obnoxious sounds when you walk in them) and headed out to the strawberry barrels bright and early to gather some strawberries for breakfast.  I was delighted, especially since Thirteen doesn't relish garden work.  My favorite mornings involve a hot cup of coffee and a peek around the garden to see how things are coming along, only today Thirteen beat me to the farting clogs.  I had to wear the black ones. 

Pesto!  Also Bella's basil butter.  Mmmmmm.
Thirteen's morning gather.
Not much of this around.  I have some new baby starts.
El Professor planted two plum trees for me a few years ago.  One isn't doing well, but this one is!  
Mystery Squash.  Anyone know what it is??? 
The 'Bonsai Zucchini' is growing.  Yesterday it yielded two respectable sized zuchs.  
One of the 'Mystery Apples'.  When we bought the house El Professor scored four apples trees for $5/each at a nursery.  The ID tags had fallen off.  This one is a Red Striped Gravenstein, and one appears to be a Granny Smith.   The other two are still unknowns.   


2 comments:

deanna said...

My mouth waters every time I check here!

Cherie said...

Gorgeous!

I am pleased to have found a bunch of peppers on my potted plant, too. Tom loves them in his lunch.

Your basil looks yummy, too, but you know me, I'm partial to the stuff.

Sounds like your routine is similar to ours as far as berry picking in the backyard and clogs - ours are silent and red, but hey, they keep our feet dry!

Thanks for sharing!