Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globes

This weekend was one of those 'it felt so good to get some things done' kind of weekend. Emphasis on some.  We have a lot of bath towels--they were all dirty,  the beds needed changing, and I really needed to get some 'make ahead' freezer lunches banked for El Professor to grab and take to work.  Many of the bath towels are now washed (there are still some to go), two of the beds were changed, and there is a neat stack of quickie grab lunches in the freezer, plus a big batch of minestrone soup.  

As Sunday night drew to a close, it was time to take in The Golden Globes.  But in the spirit of a weekend of getting things done........
I decided to turn on the little TV in the kitchen and deal with all of the 'golden globes' that have been rotting in my garage.  


Of course, I needed a 'golden globe' to sip whilst taking in the Golden Globes and dealing with those 'golden globes'......

The result?  These apple chunks cooked down, I sieved them with my food mill, and put several quart bags of smooth applesauce into the freezer. 

The best part?  All of that applesauce will be wonderful to have and no one will be making fun of what I was wearing.  

4 comments:

travelin' nan said...

You need a corer/peeler/slicer. I know where you can get one:)

deanna said...

Thanks for the giggle. Good for you! Golden Globes? They were on?

Cherie said...

Genius! Drinking a golden globe, while peeling golden globes (I've got a batch of those that are guilting me), while watching The Golden Globes!

I hope your favorites won! (Never heard of 'Slumdog Millionaire', but now am intrigued.)

Soon I shall have to sauce the last of my apples.....thanks for the good swift kick. (Should I wait for the Oscars??)

Cherie said...

You'll be happy to know that you inspired me, Gretchen. I sauced my remaining 'globes', we ate some for supper tonight, and the rest is nestled safely in the freezer.

I thought of the you the entire time I was peacefully at work. Good and happy thoughts.